Baking is one the world’s most popular hobbies, but sometimes you just don’t have enough time to dedicate to a traditional set of muffins or a delicious tray of ‘classic’ brownies. Don’t worry though, that does not mean that you have you miss out altogether! Thanks to the wonders of modern technology, we are now able to make an array of great baking recipes in a matter of minutes using just a mug from the cupboard and a microwave!
If you want a sweet treat but don’t have the time to really stand around the kitchen and oven, then here is a brilliant recipe for a brownie in a mug that will definitely hit the spot.
First of all, you need to make sure that you have everything you need to hand:
- Flour – 30g
- Sugar – 50g
- Cocoa powder – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 60ml
- Vanilla extract – a dash
- Vegetable oil – 2 tablespoons
- Chocolate chips – a handful
Once you have all of your ingredients in place, you can set about completing the simple recipe:
- Grab a mug of your choice from the cupboard. Make sure that it is a microwave suitable mug in order to avoid any unforeseen problems at the heating stage. An average size tea mug is perfect, not a small espresso cup or an overly large novelty mug.
- In your chosen mug, add the flour and the sugar, and then stir in the tablespoons of cocoa powder with the pinch of salt until everything is evenly distributed and mixed inside the mug.
- Once all of your dry ingredients are evenly mixed and combined, it is time to add the milk, vanilla extract and vegetable oil. Stir this new mixture until it is well combined and smoothly integrated.
- When you are happy with the mixed consistency of the ingredients, the next step is to grab your handful of chocolate chips and mix them around the mug. This does not have to be precise so don’t worry about the distribution of where they settle within the mixture.
- Now your mug is ready to go into the microwave for cooking. Depending on the power of your machine, you will probably want to put your mug in the centre of the microwave and set the time for two minutes. With the small amount of ingredients in the mug, it doesn’t need nearly as much time as putting a whole batch’s worth in the oven for longer cooking.
- Once the timer is done and your mug mixture looks to be cooked all the way through, it is now time to be creative. You can choose whatever you like to put on top of the mug brownie to suit your taste. Some of the most popular choices are whipped cream or ice cream to provide that wonderful contrast and hot and cold.
This is a simple sweet treat that takes just minutes from start to finish; a great idea if you fancy baking but only need a single portion.
Order a Brownie in a Mug kit!
The professional brownie bakers at Bad Brownie have their own kit for making brownies in a mug! It contains everything you need to make your own delicious brownies in less than five mins. The only ingredients you will need to add are butter and milk plus you’ll need a microwave to cook the brownies in!