Is your child continuously fidgeting or is anxious? Or if the kid is simply bored, then you have an interesting avenue to help the child unleash his/ her creative side. Arts and craft emerge as one of the best ways to keep your kids active and engaged in a positive way. Here are some ways in which arts and crafts can soothe the hyper active nerves of a child:
- Strengthening Academics: The ads for Toy Sale online seem to sky rocket during the summer holidays. There is a simple reason for this – the summer vacations often become a nightmare for working parents. However, utilised smartly, the leisure time can as well be used to strengthen the child’s creative and academic pursuits with the help of arts and crafts. If a child who draws the character in a book, it will boost his interest in literature and reading comprehension. Teaching maths using shapes and craft items like beads can be educative as well as interesting.
- Learning Life skills: By creating a piece of art, the child starts to communicate visually and gradually develops the ability to love one’s creation as well as appreciate that of others. The process of making an art piece makes sense of dimensions and directions stronger in kids. They also understand the art of learning from mistakes. Creating pieces of work as a part of a group lets them know the value of sharing.
- Imagination and Self-expression: When kids take part in arts and craft, the imagination and creativity receive strong simulation. A child with a paint brush in his hand can express himself through symbols, pictures and bold colours and is imagination will take flight. It is easier to find a child’s interest through art and craft. If a kid has an interest in clay modelling, he can refine his skills and take pottery as even a profession.
- Brain development: Art and craft is something that involves all senses like sight, touch, sound, smell, and even taste. As the kids experiment and create new things out of their imagination, it helps in their brain development strengthening the neural connections.
- Develops Self-regulation: Many times the arts and crafts require the kids to wait. Be it painting or clay modelling; the kids have to wait until it dries up. The waiting helps in developing self-control and patience and also teaches them a lesson for life that things may not always go as we had hoped. So, arts and craft is not only just a way to spend leisure time but also an ideal way to educate your child.
- Self-esteem boosters: Creating a piece of art or completing a challenge on time gives them a sense of accomplishment and pride boosting their self-respect and self-esteem.
Kids always love doing a variety of arts and crafts but little do they realise that the arts and crafts is good for their development as well.